Android development is hot, and many people are interested in joining the fun. However, because this technology is based on Java, you should first obtain a solid grasp of the Java language and its APIs in order to improve your chances of succeeding as an effective Android app developer.
This FREE training session will help you with your understand of the Java language.
This presentation is targeted to people with no programming experience (or for people who haven’t programmed in a while and are looking for a basic review). We cover basic programming concepts such as loops, conditionals, classes and more.
TOPICS WHICH WILL BE COVERED INCLUDE
• The core Java language fundamentals
• Classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism, and interfaces
• The basic Java APIs necessary for Android (such as the String class and
• The Collections Framework for organizing objects
• The Concurrency Utilities for simplifying multithreading
• Classic and New I/O
• Networking and database access
• Using JSON
About the Presenter, Mark Miller,
Mark is a Android Engineer at Maker Studios/Disney. He is very passionate about software development, design, security, and mathematics. Mark has been working with Android for the past four years and is also skilled in iOS development as well. He enjoys learning and solving challenging problems. His goal is to develop robust, memory-optimized mobile applications.